Sunday, November 25, 2018

1:45 AM

The silence woke me. That happens sometimes. A sudden sound will cut the silence, waking a person, and sometimes a sudden silence will cut through sounds, waking you. 

I shot awake and glanced over at my bedside clock. The digital display read 1:45. After a moment I remembered that it was 1:45 a.m. on Saturday night, or rather early Sunday morning. Earlier that afternoon I had spent time with my married lover in this bed. She went home before evening, I’d had a simple dinner, read for a while, and gone to sleep after ten.

Murakami, Haruki. Killing Commendatore: A novel (Kindle location 2083-2087). Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group. 2018, Kindle edition. 


now, this is a really weird coincidence ... 

On Practising Therapy at 1.45 A.M.: Adventures of a Clinician,by Bret Kahr, Routledge, April 2, 2019