Sunday, September 11, 2016

Roy on the roof (Bladerunner, 1982)


Roy: Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent. I thought you were supposed to be good. Aren't you the good man? Come on Deckard. Show me what you're made of. [Roy breaks through wall.] 
Roy: Proud of yourself, little man? This is for Zhora. [Roy grabs Deckard's hand... breaking a trigger finger.] 
Deckard: Arrggh. 
Roy: This is for Pris. 
Deckard: Arrgghh. [Another trigger finger.] 
Roy: Come on, Deckard, I'm right here, but you've got to shoot straight. [Deckard fires again.] 
Roy: Straight doesn't seem to be good enough. Now it's my turn. I'm gonna give you a few seconds before I come. One, Two. Three, Four. Pris... 
Deckard: Arrghhh. [Chase starts... Roy begins howling.] 
Roy: [singing] I'm coming. [pause] Four, five. How to stay alive. [pause] I can see you! [pause, grasping hand] Not yet. Not... [Roy drives nail through hand and screams.] 
Roy: Yes... [Roy smashes his head through the shower wall.] 
Roy: You better get it up, or I'm gonna have to kill ya! Unless you're alive, you can't play, and if you don't play... Six, seven. Go to hell, go to heaven. [Deckard breaks off a pipe from the wall... hits Roy's forehead like a bat.] Yeah, that's the spirit. [Deckard flees out a boarded window by kicking it.] 

Roy: That hurt. That was irrational. Not to mention, unsportsmanlike. Ha ha ha. Where are you going? [Deckard does some dazzling cliffhanging... gets on rooftop... Roy comes up on roof... Deckard leaps to next building... just missing, but catching the edge... Deckard hangs on a beam with fear... time passes... Roy leaps across with ease, after letting a white pigeon go from his hand... Roy watches Deckard.] 
Roy: Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave. [Deckard falls, Roy catches him...pulls him to safety... Deckard crawls a few feet and rests.] 

Roy: I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain. [Pause] Time to die. 

Deckard (voice-over): I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life, anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die. 
Gaff: [Gaff on rooftop by spinner.] You've done a man's job, sir. I guess you're through, huh? [Gaff tosses Deckard's blaster toward him.] 
Deckard: Finished. 
Gaff: It's too bad she won't live. But then again, who does? [Gaff leaves.] 

http://www.oocities.org/lpittack/br-transcript.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoAzpa1x7jU

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5viXpvvYMYEbzNNb3c2Wl96SnM/view?usp=sharing  (accessible via scribd)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgcAbJ_cuQI   ("30 years ago I saw the future") (2016-10-9)