Thursday, April 26, 2018

OK商店的午後


你知道甚麼叫做川流不息罷
一小時大概三萬輛車
大車小車摩托車
經過我的眼前

Beyond my own preoccupations, we live in a society where life keeps being extended by modern science and more and more of us will consequently find ourselves needing to decide what to do with our existence for decades after retiring.

(Pigliucci, Massimo. How to Be a Stoic: Using Ancient Philosophy to Live a Modern Life (Kindle location 145-146). Basic Books. Kindle edition.)

已經無法忍受赤裸強烈
比如說urge (2016)
雖然這兩天正在重讀red dragon (1981)
而且仍然相信我還有直覺

To write a novel, you begin with what you can see and then you add what came before and what came after.

Sometimes at night I would leave the lights on in my little house and walk across the flat fields. When I looked back from a distance, the house looked like a boat at sea, and all around me the vast Delta night.

Standing baffled in the vast fields outside my cabin in the heart of the night, the sound of breathing all around me, my vision still clouded with the desk lamp, I tried to see what had happened at the crime scene. All that came to my dim sight were loomings, intimations, the occasional glow when a retina not human reflected the moon.

There was no question that something had happened. You must understand that when you are writing a novel you are not making anything up. It’s all there and you just have to find it.

(Harris, Thomas. Red Dragon (Hannibal Lecter Book 1) . Penguin Publishing Group. Kindle edition.)